Jetty Road traders celebrated their best-of-the-best on Friday 11 October at the 2019 Jetty Road Business Awards, designed to recognise the retail, service and business excellence within the Glenelg Tourist Precinct.
Hosted by the Jetty Road Mainstreet Committee, the Awards were held for 200 business owners and staff at The Function at The Beachouse, and were hosted by Hayley Pearson and Lauren DeCesare from ADELADY.
There were 12 categories contested, with Cardone’s Seafood & Grill taking out the premier award for Best Jetty Road Customer Experience as voted by more than 3,000 public votes and an independent judge.
The independent judge was a secret shopper at finalist businesses and assessed shopfront, window displays, atmosphere, greeting, staff presentation, customer needs, close of sale, counter service and final farewell.
A new category this year was Best Burger – taken out by joint winners Burga’Nomix and Hello Harry The Burger Joint.
Another new category this year was Best Hidden Gem that voted by consumers as their favourite place that not many people may know about, was taken out by Mr Potato, a new business situated on Durham Street.
The full list of winners are:
• Best Café and Takeaway – CIBO Espresso
• Best Social Media – Daisy and Hen
• Best Art, Gifts, Homewares and Accessories – Attitudes Boutique
• Best Fashion – Daisy and Hen
• Best Restaurant / Licensed venue – Cardone’s Seafood and Grill
• Best Hair and Beauty – Frankie The Hair and Beauty Bar
• Health, Wellness and Fitness – FORM Pilates and Barre
• Best Coffee – CIBO Espresso
• Best Independent Retailer – Daisy and Hen
• Best Jetty Road Customer Experience – Cardone’s Seafood and Grill
• Best Hidden Gem – Mr Potato
• Best Burger – Burga’Nomix and Hello Harry (joint winners)
The Awards are a way for the community to express their gratitude to their favourite local businesses in the Jetty Road, Glenelg precinct. Online consumer voting took place from 20 August 2019 to 2 September 2019.