Getting dressed up for a special occasion has never been easier at Peter Shearer.
Peter Shearer is the style leader in suits and suit hire, and has been proudly SA owned for more than 40 years. The Jetty Road store stocks casual wear downstairs and has an extensive range of suiting options upstairs. You can purchase a new suit and have it tailored to your shape, or hire a suit for a wedding or special occasion.
The team in store can expertly fit and recommend some options for you, we chatted with Tony for the low down on all things menswear.
HIRE YOUR SUIT
To hire a look for your next event there are a few steps to take to get yourself suited…
- Pre book your event date with the team
- Make an appointment for a fitting day to try on styles & sizes
- Book your favourite look in for the event
- Pick ups for a suit hire are generally on a Thursday and returns are on Monday
SUIT TRENDS & TIPS
So what is trending in menswear? Tony gives us the lowdown.
- Try a quirky sports coat and chinos for a daytime event like the races.This is a great time to use colour, pattern and make the look your own.
- A two button, single breasted suit in the best selling and most flattering jacket style.
- Use the ALWAYS or NEVER principle with jacket buttons. Always button the top button when standing, never button up two buttons on your jacket. Unbutton all when sitting.
- Suits are slim. Try a slimmer fit tailored jacket and an extreme slim or stovepipe pant for a modern look.
DRESS HIM UP
The boys in store dressed up to show us what’s hot in store.
WHAT TO WEAR // THE RACES
Try a sports coat, pocket square, quirky socks and chinos.
WHAT TO WEAR // WINTER WORK ACCESSORIES
Warm up with a wool overcoat and scarf.
90 Jetty Road
Monday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 5:30pm
ANZAC DAY 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 9:00pm
Friday 9.00am – 5:30pm
Saturday 9:30am – 5:00pm
Sunday 11.00am – 5:00pm